I have added a chatroom “lounge” to the website (here, and you can see it up there on the menu bar). There are a few reasons I have decided to do this (at least on a trial basis):
- Twitter, while a great place to disseminate information, is not a good place to have general conversation. It’s me speaking from a mountain, to a crowd, and it’s hard to locate individual threads and comments that require response. So, this solves that.
- There are tons of times during the course of a trading session when it would be fun to point out some small detail about a chart, and little things like that don’t always need to be blasted to tens of thousands of Twitter users, nor do they merit a full-blown article to be written on this site. And so, this should also solve that.
- And in a weird way, Twitter makes me feel distant from folks, and I’m hoping this will make things cozier, perhaps more personal for those who choose to participate.
I will try this out for a little while and see how I like it, and see if you guys like it, too.
A few more notes:
- I have monetized the chat application (it’s entirely voluntary—not a paywall). If you see something you like, you can use the feature (the little dollar sign in the message bar), but there’s no obstacle for you to join the chat.
- Because it is monetized, profanity (lol and pornography) are prohibited (the developer’s rules, not mine), so be advised. I doubt there is a problem with abbreviations such as “ffs,” etc.
- At present, there is a user limit of 50 participants. I have no idea how many of you might want to use this feature, so that’s what I’ve started with.
- I welcome all of you to talk about all sorts of things, it doesn’t have to be solely about trading.
- You are welcome to bring up some of your own work as well (this application allows for attachment uploading).
- I have not used this application before, and though I believe I have familiarized myself with it enough prior to launch, if anything breaks early on, my apologies; I expect there may be a few kinks to work out at some point so let me know if something doesn’t work as expected.
Note: When articles are first posted, most of them are made available only to my Patreon supporters (I do try to publish some public posts on occasion). Over time (usually after a period of a few months), I make all of the work public. To gain access to my work when it is produced, please consider becoming a patron. More information may be found on my About page and on my Patreon page. In a nutshell, Tier 1 members ($20/mo.) get access to the articles, Tier 2 members ($35/mo.) get access to those, plus counts on about 20 other instruments, plus Discord server access.