I last wrote about Costco here and here. I expected a strong decline, and got a powerful rally to new all-time highs instead (when the S&P did not), only to then get quite the powerful decline I had been expecting. It has created a wild and violent structure.
As things stand now, there are a few things I can say:
- At the actual high in price, there are terrific long-term fibs (from inception) that all touch up there (purple and yellow “c-waves.”) This jives well with the excellent long-term fib strikes on other stocks, such as Microsoft (here).
- That said, if we begin to count the decent from that all-time high, I don’t have much, as I don’t see good fibs from there on the way down.
- Rather, there are good fibs if I begin counting down from the high it made when the S&P 500 topped at the end of last year (creating the good A-B-C in green that composes orange A).
- In any case, it’s making something of a “diamond.”
- If it is in line with the bearish proposals made on the indices, it may be in a B-wave now (Orange). I can see two fibs just above us (orange lines).
- If we stop around here, I would look for a descent for orange C (of Pink A).
- If we keep going up, then I will need to wait until further structure develops before I can better understand the structure.
[UPDATE]: In the chart, there is a typo in the little bubble at the top. It should say “Purple c = 9.618 x a”
Those fibs refer to structure on the longest time-frame possible:
Note: When articles are first posted, most of them are made available only to my Patreon supporters (I do try to publish some public posts on occasion). Over time (usually after a period of a few weeks or so), I make all of the work public. To gain access to my work when it is produced, please consider becoming a patron. More information may be found on my About page and on my Patreon page. In a nutshell, patrons of any denomination (you get to pick the amount) will be able to read my weekend analyses, Tier 1 members ($20/mo.) get access to all of the articles I write, and Tier 2 members ($35/mo.) get access to those, plus counts on other instruments and my Discord chatroom.