When I first initiated access to my work (when I first produce it) using Patreon, I made some guesses at what I thought folks would like, and I set things up that way.
Since then, I have had time to review what folks actually use most on a regular basis, based on where folks visit on the site most frequently. In response to what I think folks like the most, I have simplified the tiers that I set up back then. I have reduced them to just two.
- Tier 1 members ($20/mo, just $0.66 per day) will have access to all of the articles I write, regardless of their topic. I usually have at least something to say about the S&P 500 every day (and I discuss the kinds of trades that I am taking and why), and I often write about other assets less frequently and I produce general commentary regarding the markets throughout the month. All of these articles may be read by members of this tier.
- Tier 2 members ($35/mo, just $1.16 per day) will have access to the articles above, plus they will be able to access the “Current S&P 500 Count” page (where I often keep an alternate count), the “Other Selected Counts” page where I keep counts (updated every week or two) for about 20 different assets (including some commodities, stocks and crypto), and they will be able to access my Discord Chat Server (which now replaces the older interface I had been using before). Note: I’m not always super active in chat, because I’m not really a day trader, but I enjoy chit chatting with folks, and if something does come up during a session, I enjoy discussing it.
I hope these changes are welcome.
A few additional notes:
- To access the private Discord chat server (for Tier 2 members), you will need Patreon to assign your Discord account to a specific role on my chat server in order to be able to view the private channel. This is an automated process, performed by a bot of theirs. To do this, you must link Discord to your Patreon account, so that it can assign you the appropriate permissions. It’s fairly easy to do. Instructions may be found here. Once that is complete, you may visit my chat server here and, if Patreon has assigned you to the proper role, you should be able to chat.
- I will leave the old chat platform up for a while during the transition (probably a few weeks). I will still need a few of you to migrate to Discord so that I can make sure it’s all working right. It’s a much more powerful service, so I think it will be better.
- I have removed chart requests as a feature from the site. Few people used that, and it can sometimes take several hours for me to produce a proper chart (and discussion), and I needed that to be in a very expensive tier, and it’s not been popular, so I’ve taken that away.
- You should visit Patreon to make sure that you are in the tier that you would like to be in (I used two of the prior tiers, so most of you should already be where you want to be, but it won’t hurt to make sure). Most of you have been effectively upgraded to additional resources, so I imagine it will be acceptable.
As always please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for your interest in my work. I am grateful.
Note: When articles are first posted, most of them are made available only to my Patreon supporters (I do try to publish some public posts on occasion). Over time (usually after a period of a few weeks or so), I make all of the work public. To gain access to my work when it is produced, please consider becoming a patron. More information may be found on my About page and on my Patreon page. In a nutshell, patrons of any denomination (you get to pick the amount) will be able to read my weekend analyses, Tier 1 members ($20/mo.) get access to all of the articles I write, and Tier 2 members ($35/mo.) get access to those, plus counts on other instruments and my Discord chatroom.